Passing of Dr. Dan Bachelder, Former Cougar Marching Band Director

dan-bachelder-obituary
Dan Bachelder

In Memory of Dan Bachelder

We would like to honor former Cougar Marching Band Director Dan Bachelder, who passed away on January 16th, 2021 due to complications from COVID-19. At the core of his life was his passion for music, love of teaching, and devotion to expertise in trombone, euphonium, and ensemble performance. During his time at BYU, Dr. Bachelder directed the Cougar Marching Band from 1977 – 1984.  He was also devoted to his family, church service, and was beloved by family, students, and colleagues alike. During his many years as a faculty member, Dr. Bachelder was awarded the Karl G. Maeser Excellence in Teaching Award from BYU in 2002. The School of Music will be eternally grateful for the legacy of Dan Bachelder

Comments
  • Adrian F Morgan
    Reply

Sad to hear. I took trombone lessons from him. I am a better person and musician because of his skills. I was fortunate to be a drum major in the marching band while he was one of the directors with Dr. Balckinton. I have thought of him often since leaving BYU.