Completion of the SCHOLARHIP ACCEPTANCE AND CONTRACT form is your official declaration and a binding contract that you will participate in the BYU Cougar Marching Band this fall. This contract should be considered a part of the BYU Honor Code, and as such, you are expected to fulfill your obligations to the marching band after signing. Your commitment to the marching band contract consists of the following:
1. Successful participation in the BYU Marching Band during the fall semester. This includes:
2. Registration for and completion of at least 12 hours of credit for undergraduates and 8.5 for graduate students during fall semester, including Marching Band (Music 323R).
3. A satisfactory academic level is expected. Therefore, a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required to award the marching band scholarship. Students participating in marching band on academic warning or probation during fall semester can be awarded the marching band scholarship the following winter semester after rectifying their academic standing to the minimum GPA requirement.
4. Scholarship awards can increase by $400 ($200 fall/$200 winter) if you choose to participate in an auditioned concert band (Wind Symphony or Symphonic Band) while a member of the marching band. Auditions for these ensembles occur during the first week of the fall semester. The expectation is participation in the auditioned ensembles for BOTH fall and winter semesters.
5. If applicable, fulfill any additional responsibilities as required for a leadership position.
Your final step to becoming a member of the Cougar Marching Band is to complete the Award Acceptance and Contract form below so your award can be finalized. A reminder that your scholarship award is a personal matter, and therefore we ask that you do not make it a general issue of conversation with band members.
Remember, completion of the SCHOLARSHIP ACCEPTANCE AND CONTRACT form is your official declaration and a binding contract that you will participate in the BYU Cougar Marching Band this fall. This contract should be considered a part of the BYU Honor Code, and as such, you are expected to fulfill your obligations to the marching band after signing.
In other words, by signing this contract, YOU WILL BE COMMITTED TO BEING A MEMBER OF THE BYU COUGAR MARCHING BAND THIS FALL WITHOUT WITHDRAWING OR DROPPING THE CLASS (MUSIC 323R).
BYU Cougar Marching Band
E-485 Harris Fine Arts Center
Provo, Utah 84602